Thought I would go to Busch CA, St. Charles co, to see what the roads were
like and to see if I could find the Clark's nutcracker (if it was in the
pine tree stand).

RE: roads at Busch
they are snow packed, but either the Staff plowed or there has been enough
traffic to beat a well worn path on the major roads. Some less traveled
roads are a tiny bit tricky. There wasn't that much snow at Busch as other
spots in the state.
Had no problems with my Saturn (front wheel drive and traction control)

Re: Clark's nutcracker.
At 11:30 AM, the three birders that I talked to at the Pine Trail had NOT
re-found the nutcracker, even after looking all over the place. After
reading e-mails from past tries by birders, the bird could just be somewhere
else feeding, or just not making it's presence know.
If people use tapes or CDs, hope they would use them sparingly. :-)

BTW, Bow Deer hunting is in full swing at Busch CA now.
Proceed with caution if striking out from the trails OR just wear a cheapy
orange hat or vest.

Good birding.
Charlene Malone
Chesterfield, MO