At 08:24 -0600 12-23-2002, Edge Wade etched in electrons:

>The only drawback is that it has a built-in beeper tone that
>sounds when you complete your transmission and release the talk-key
>(this is heard on the other end, too).

You can usually disable beeper tones on radios. I have a set I used
on a recent road trip and was able to turn the tone off even without
the manual (a friend was able to do the same on the other one, also
without it.) The set I have was manufactured by Cobra. Look in the
manual.
--

Jennifer Scott | [log in to unmask]

I'm learning to fly, but I ain't got wings; comin' down is the hardest thing;
I'm learning to fly, around the clouds; what goes up must come down.

    -- Tom Petty, "Learning To Fly"