am 13.12.2002 18:50 Uhr schrieb Jacek Niecko unter [log in to unmask]:

Needless to say, I have nothing against Nancy Gish or any other contributor to these frequently inane exchanges.   But, having spent my  formative years in a semi-totalitarian state (Poland of the 1940s and 1950s),
       I have a serious problem with people who seem to be always ready to provide a definitive                    reading of, or ruling on, any and all subjects that might come up, and coach their pronouncements in apodictic terms.

You say I am repeating
Something I have said before, I shall say it again:

I am unable to recall anything inane Nancy ever wrote, let alone any definite ruling in apodictic terms.
She just voices her own opinions in straight words. What's wrong with that?

Gunnar