I don't want to be counted among those who can't enjoy a joke---

Jacek
----- Original Message -----
From: [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">deleuze oedipus rimbaud
To: [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]
Sent: Wednesday, December 25, 2002 2:01 AM
Subject: Re: It's semester break

the most interesting work is always off the track and not keeping focused. i for instance have said the most interesting things about eliots poems since the MLA convention in Toronto in 1998. Where I saw a most interesting looking woman attending the conference given by Prof. ---  Peace sisters

 Carrol Cox <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Jacek Niecko wrote:

> Unless a game is being played that I'm too simple-minded to comprehend, this
> so-called list, supposedly dedicated to Thomas Stearns Eliot's (1888-1965)
> work and, perhaps, some aspects of his life too, has gone COMPLETELY CRAZY
> AND WEIRD lately and should, perhaps, be dissolved, abandoned, discarded,
> and fast forgotten.

Most of the posters are students or faculty, and this is break time. And
have you ever been in a class -- at least an interesting class -- where
either instructor or students or both didn't occasionally stray down
pathways that had nothing to do with the actual subject of the class.

It would be better if the diversions were _usually_ generated by
something in the poet rather than come out of thin air. But what the
hell. :-)

Keep the X in Xmas.

Carrol