From: INGELBIEN RAPHAEL [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Wednesday, December 11, 2002 11:48 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Eliot quote

In order to get back to Eliot after last week's digressions, I thought I'd
send our listmembers reaching back for their Collected Essays and Selected
Prose. I'm looking for a passage where Eliot writes that a particular word
has become 'the most debased coin in the currency of the language'. Any idea
where this comes from?
I'm not 100% sure it's Eliot. A search on Google gives one reference to a
spoof on Oscar Wilde, but I hadn't read that text before.

Yours,

RaphaŽl