> It becomes increasingly difficult here also to define "left," whatever is
left of
> it.  But the Right is pretty clear.

Is it? Iain Duncan Smith probably wishes it were... And, why, even the
American right is divided on Iraq.

> I did not see the TUC speech.  It's hard to get British news here unless
> one takes time to go search it out, and that is hard in Portland
> sometimes.  What was the gist of it?

Kennedy basically said he was willing to listen to the unions, although he
ruled out any official cooperation between the LibDems and the unions.
Needless to say, most unions normally have little time  for the LibDems
anyway - but we're at a time when the relations with Labour are more than a
little strained. And it's no secret that some parts of the public sector now
tend to vote LibDem.

Yours,

RaphaŽl