In a message dated 12/14/02 9:43:04 PM !!!First Boot!!!, [log in to unmask] writes:

.  I know
one American Jew who not only worries about another Holocaust but also
laments the dying of the Jewish culture through assimalation.

I've read where the current intermarriage rate for American Jews is 70% and rising.  And, of course, the result of that is . . . . . . lots of Jewish people with last names like Anderson, Smith, Miliani, O'Brien . . . .  . . . I was running with the dog on the beach a few weeks ago when we ran into a group of people sitting on lounge chairs with bibles on their laps and a large Israeli flag planted in the sand.  The dog and I stopped in amazement, out of breath (we had done about two miles at that point).  The flag was gorgeous, kind of mystical, too.  I remembering wishing that I had a camera. Then, I looked at the people.  I asked who they were and their intentions.  They were a "Jews" for Jesus group.   As the dog needed a break, I decided to converse with them for a few minutes and learned finally that among the 12 or 15 persons sitting on the sand, "2" were actually of Jewish descent or said they were . . . . . and maybe they were. . .  Every ethnic group has a couple of crazies, Rickard . . . . . .I live in Florida, Rickard, and I know many Jewish persons, different ages and professions.  Although they are, of course, all individuals with varying levels of religious belief and practice, a great proportion of them seemingly secular, they all have one common bond as it relates to their "Jewish" heritage.  They all love, love, love Israel.  Yes, Rickard, you also read in the paper about protests against the possible future war with Iraq, but most Americans don't feel that way.  So, Rickard, wake up and smell the Jasmine . . . . . .I have a Jasmine bush on one side of my house.  It's fragrance, when in bloom, has the power to make one intoxicated.  Of course, Jasmine cannot survive in a cold Boston suburb . . . Alas, neither could I.

Regards.

Kate