In a message dated 12/14/02 1:14:53 AM !!!First Boot!!!, [log in to unmask] writes:

do you not think it curious
that when we discussed TAMBO and BONES a couple of
weeks back, to do with SWEENEY AG., that there was,
so far as I could see, no hint of unacceptability
in the discussion of mintstrels. Or was there perhaps,
some euphemistic cowardice involved?

Pierre, I'm quite sure Trent Lott would have enjoyed your minstrel vision.  Indeed, what is the offense in a white person putting makeup on his face to imitate a black person for entertainment; certainly, it is no more offensive than Michael Jackson taking chemicals to imitate a white person, for entertainment?