[log in to unmask] writes:

> do you not think it curious
> that when we discussed TAMBO and BONES a couple of
> weeks back, to do with SWEENEY AG., that there was,
> so far as I could see, no hint of unacceptability
> in the discussion of mintstrels. Or was there perhaps,
> some euphemistic cowardice involved?

Pierre, I'm quite sure Trent Lott would have enjoyed your minstrel vision.
Indeed, what is the offense in a white person putting makeup on his face to
imitate a black person for entertainment; certainly, it is no more offensive
than Michael Jackson taking chemicals to imitate a white person, for
entertainment?