>   For my part, unless the sky really is falling, I didn't see any language
> in John Ryskamp's post or Peter Montgomery's post that should have
> warranted any declarations of abusive language

Dear Ken,
    I think there has been much language that has been hateful, untrue,
obnoxious, or gratuitously unpleasant.  Steve Pollack objected to the Israel as
Nazi regime metaphor that is making the rounds.  I concurred to his objection.
I didn't make known the bad taste of Peter's minstrel comment.  I take him at
his word that he hadn't meant to be hateful, but I didn't understand his
reasoning for it.  I'm grateful to Patrick for the historical context.

Yours,
Marcia