am 13.12.2002 07:54 Uhr schrieb Peter Montgomery unter

> I remember from when I was little, a cartton
> strip in the funny papers, called the Kazenjammer
> Kids, but I never knew the word KATZENJAMMER
> actually had meaning on its own.
>
> As Spock would say, fascinating.
>
> Cheers,
> Peter.
>
> Dr. Peter C. Montgomery
> Dept. of English
> Camosun College
> 3100 Foul Bay Rd.
> Victoria, BC CANADA V8P 5J2
> www.camosun.bc.ca/~peterm

Peter,

good to know that you subscribe on the "A.Word.a.Day" list as well; it's
very instructive, and free. I warmly recommend it to anyone interested in
language, which ought to be most of the TSE list.

http://wordsmith.org
To subscribe, make the subject line as:
subscribe <YourFirstName LastName>

The cartoon strip The Katzenjammer Kids is familiar to me -- haven't seen
one for ages though.

The well known term Katzenjammer for hangover or depression is pronounced
differently in German, it is "KatzenYammer".

Cheers,

Gunnar