In a message dated 12/10/02 4:36:10 AM !!!First Boot!!!, [log in to unmask] writes:

I did not see the TUC speech.  It's hard to get British news here unless
one takes time to go search it out, and that is hard in Portland
sometimes.  What was the gist of it?

I didn't catch Kennedy's speech, either.  They usually show all British news shows and events here on PBS Sunday nights, and I most always have it on, but I must have had an outside engagement or guests that night.  By the way, I hear local PBS stations receive literally hundreds of phone calls when this one British show, for whatever reason is pre-empted (usually by their telethons), and it's not Prime Minister's Questions.