In a message dated 12/10/02 4:36:10 AM !!!First Boot!!!, [log in to unmask]
writes:

> I did not see the TUC speech.  It's hard to get British news here unless
> one takes time to go search it out, and that is hard in Portland
> sometimes.  What was the gist of it?

I didn't catch Kennedy's speech, either.  They usually show all British news
shows and events here on PBS Sunday nights, and I most always have it on, but
I must have had an outside engagement or guests that night.  By the way, I
hear local PBS stations receive literally hundreds of phone calls when this
one British show, for whatever reason is pre-empted (usually by their
telethons), and it's not Prime Minister's Questions.