In a message dated 12/8/02 11:01:32 PM !!!First Boot!!!, [log in to unmask] writes:

.  As I stay with a Lib-
Dem politician when in London and have discussed it with her for maybe
20 years, I'm not saying that out of a few news articles.

And in Britain a Prime Minister can stay in power without a majority and is
not directly elected; that was my point.

I don't speak merely from reading a few news articles, either.  And yes, of couse, we all are aware that an election is not directly held for Prime Minister, as it is here for President. The leader of the the party who wins the elections become Prime Minister.  And I rather like the Lib-Dems.  I loved Paddy, even if he didn't make sense some of the time.  And I don't see what was so odd about what I said.  The Euro is a big issue in Britain.