Looks like I'm on a roll in mentioning novels that I haven't read that
mention T.S. Eliot.  I just heard of "Death of a Red Heroine" by Qui
Xiaolong (mentioned on NPR this afternoon.)  It is a crime novel with
Chinese policeman Chen Cao as the hero.

"Chen is not an ordinary Chinese policeman -- he's a published poet
and translator of T. S. Eliot; he wouldn't be a normal policeman
anywhere." (Peter Gordon)

Reviews at:
    http://www.asianreviewofbooks.com/arb/article.php?article=75
    http://www.persimmon-mag.com/winter2001/bre_win2001_5.htm

Also in the genre:

"`I grow old... I grow old... I shall wear the bottoms of my trousers
rolled.` What does that mean, Mr. Marlowe?"

"Not a bloody thing. It just sounds good."

He smiled. "That is from the `Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock.` Here's
another one. `In the room women come and go/Talking of Michael
Angelo.' Does that suggest anything to you, sir?"

Yeah -- it suggests to me that the guy didn't know very much about
women."

"My sentiments exactly, sir. Nonetheless I admire T. S. Eliot very
much."

"Did you say, 'nonetheless'?"

        The Long Goodbye by Raymond Chandler

Regards,