David Lodge is a wonderful writer.  The British Museum is Falling Down parodies a number of novelistic styles, including Joyce and Hemmingway.  Small World is actually the second book of a pair.  The first is Changing Places, which had me rolling on the floor.  Lodge's books are a rare blend of academic/literary satire and the grain of truth that makes us all wince.

Victoria McLure

Sara Trevisan wrote:

Dear Rickard, It's one of the best books I've ever read. If you get to the conference bit, when they're discussing about some literary issue and everybody thinks it in a different way. So, they get to this thought -- what if everybody were right?? We wouldn't exist! It's a great suggestion you were given.Sara --