David Lodge is a wonderful writer.  The British Museum is Falling Down
parodies a number of novelistic styles, including Joyce and Hemmingway.
Small World is actually the second book of a pair.  The first is
Changing Places, which had me rolling on the floor.  Lodge's books are a
rare blend of academic/literary satire and the grain of truth that makes
us all wince.

Victoria McLure