In a message dated 12/1/02 3:40:10 PM !!!First Boot!!!, [log in to unmask] writes:

would think you at least, Gunnar, would cut this offensively demeaning
subject line.  Apparently my reversing it has made no impression.

Simone de Beauvoir was hardly definable as "Sarte's woman."

No, she was definable in many apscts.  As my husband is; but one of those aspects is as my man.  He doesn't find this demeaning, as I don't find it demeaning to be called his wife or his woman.  It's not all I am, but it's one aspect, an important one, in my life.