In a message dated 12/1/02 3:40:10 PM !!!First Boot!!!, [log in to unmask]
writes:

> would think you at least, Gunnar, would cut this offensively demeaning
> subject line.  Apparently my reversing it has made no impression.
>
> Simone de Beauvoir was hardly definable as "Sarte's woman."

No, she was definable in many apscts.  As my husband is; but one of those
aspects is as my man.  He doesn't find this demeaning, as I don't find it
demeaning to be called his wife or his woman.  It's not all I am, but it's
one aspect, an important one, in my life.