In an attempt (however vain it may be) to get back on topic I present
the following web pages.

Regards,
    Rick Parker

http://imperium.lenin.ru/~verbit/Stihi/Nikolayev/eliot.html
An Antique Modern Cool for T.S. Eliot
[poem]

http://www.indegayforum.org/articles/carpenter2.html

Independent Gay Forum:
Some Principles of Gay Conservatism
By Dale Carpenter

What follows is an incomplete and simplified attempt to respond to
these questions. Religious issues, for example, are omitted, though
for many people they are an important part of conservative
philosophy. The conservatism described is my own, but it leans much on
classic conservative thinkers like Edmund Burke, T.S. Eliot, and
Russell Kirk.

Third, property rights are at the core of the conservative's vision of
a just society. Private property provides a haven into which the
citizen can retreat from the coercive and expropriative hand of
government, as well as from the irrational prejudices and actions of
other citizens. Property rights are therefore both a bulwark against
despotism and a haven of privacy.

http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/CODE/texts/stewarthome.html
The Psychogeography of Zeros and Ones
Stewart Home

... then there is a particularly blatant contradiction in modernist and
post-modernist writers (amongst others) making an unqualified defence
of property (and more specifically intellectual property)
rights. However, as Andrew Hewitt has illustrated rather more subtly
than I will here, this did not stop right-wing renegades such as
T. S. Eliot and Wyndham Lewis embracing everything from the Church Of
England to Hitler's NSDAP.