Dear Carrol,

It is a pleasure to read responses that see the issue and understand the
point.
Nancy

Date sent:              Sun, 1 Dec 2002 08:49:55 -0600
From:                   Carrol Cox <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:                Re: Thatcher, feminism, etc.
To:                     [log in to unmask]

Peter Montgomery wrote:

> Alright, lets avoid muddying the waters with
> academicism. Was Margaret Thatcher, or was she not,
> a liberated woman?

In some novel (someone quoted the passage to me years ago but I forget
the source of it) there is a character whos says, "I don't want to rise from
my class, I want to rise with my class." What kind of liberated woman is it
that participates vigorously in the repression of the majority of her gender?

Carrol