Why sorry?  I just wrote that I had given a paper on TWL as a WWI poem.
My point is that it is not primarily a post-war poem.
Nancy

Date sent:              Sat, 30 Nov 2002 21:06:51 -0800
From:                   Peter Montgomery <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:                Hurry up please, it's time.
To:                     [log in to unmask]

I guess "Hurry up please, it's time." has come to the end
of its illustrious life. London has taken off the closing requirements of
the pubs. It was interesting to note that that closing law was originally
imposed in WWI (sorry Nancy, but that's yet another WWI resonance) to
keep
the workers in munitions factories from getting drunk -- or so the
Euronews report would have it.

Cheers,
Peter

Dr. Peter C. Montgomery