From: Nancy Gish

Members of the Bloomsbury group circulated their work in mss. prior to
publication, and they often acted out parts or read them to each other.
So Eliot might have known it well before it was actually published.  Also,
the date for Crome Yellow is more definite than the date for that part of
TWL. Part I may have been later; the dates are based on paper, etc.
According to Gordon there is no documentary proof that part I was finished
in the first half of 1921, even though it is likely.  She discusses the two
texts in her appendix on the composition of TWL.
Thanks Nancy; that's very helpful of you.

I suppose it could just as easily have been the other way around,
esp. if E. was into reading Frazer, and H. was into copping whaever
he could get his hands on. Of course E. might well have been into
helping out any satire on Russell that was going, by tht time.

Cheers,
Peter