From: Peter Montgomery
====================
From: Carrol Cox
In some novel (someone quoted the passage to me years ago but I forget
the source of it) there is a character whos says, "I don't want to rise
from my class, I want to rise with my class." What kind of liberated
woman is it that participates vigorously in the repression of the
majority of her gender?
Perhaps not a very moral one, but still very free (liberated) to
do as she thinks or wants to do.

Actually, I'm under the impression that much of middle class
womanhood in th UK was more than happy with her, esp. because
of how she kept the patriarchy in its place, and let ordinary
people get on with the business of the nation. The fact that
ordinary at that time didn't equate with left wing may be
puzzling to some outsiders from certain nations.

Cheers,
Peter.