From: Nancy Gish
I wonder why we call each other unkind names
and berate one another as if the failure of great
parties or systems were transferrable.
===============================
This is an oral, emotional medium.
People participate in it for emotinal reasons.
They respond in emotional ways.
It is not realistic to expect rational behaviour
here, any more than one would in a heated debate.
The fact that we are separated from each other
makes it feel safer to release more feeling into
the matter. Some people even make a practise of
exacerbating feelings. I think we've seen some
failed examples of that lately.

If you want a more becalmed atmosphere on the list,
you will need to inject some good feelings,
not merely moral observations.

Cheers,
Peter