From: Nancy Gish
Most of my friends are feminists, and I would lead a dreary
life indeed if any of them were anything like the drab,
humorless images created by anyone who wants to dismiss ideas
before knowing them.
Ah, but that's just the point; they weren't interested in
ideas isolated as an object. Their's was still very much an
oral culture. They were interested in life in all its fullness.
The epitome of what they worked towards was celebration.

Anyway you asked why her, and my answer is because she is my
favourite example of a liberated and liberating woman, and that
in spite of the fact that good ol' hubby, Hank II kept her
closeted for most of the year after their marriage, because
she was just too powerful and caused him too much trouble.

I think she's a great woman, and that's that! Ignore her if you choose.
That's your loss, and shows a certain kind of blindness on the subject.

Cheers,
Peter