I found 4 Snow Buntings at the new wetlands this AM.
They flew up from
bare ground at the edge of the frozen water.  I
relocated them a few
minutes later at the edge of some weeds on the island
in the middle
of the oxbow lake.  I was able to watch 2 of them
preen and feed there.
This is near the center of the area that has been
seeded to establish a
wet prairie.  Right now it is an open level area with
nothing growing yet.

I also saw a small flock of Lapland Longspurs and a
few Horned Larks.
Several hundred Snow Geese flew overhead and there was
1 Ring-billed
Gull flying around.

Later,
Steve Kinder
Chillicothe, Livingston Co
660-646-6516
P.S. Checked the pine grove at Poosey again yesterday.
Still no Long-eared
Owls.  They have been there by this time last 2 years.
 Maybe they went
somewhere else.  Will keep searching.

http://mailplus.yahoo.com