I never came so close to being skunked on a birding trip as I was at
Schell-Osage today.  Did see three Bonaparte's Gulls and other than that, a
few scattered Canadas, a HUGE raft of Snows on Schell Lake, some Mallards
one Pied Billed Grebe and a couple of Killdeers.  The water is lower than
I've ever seen it in the eight years I've been going out there. There just
weren't any birds around.  The trip was marred somewhat by someone having
thrown deer entrails into Schell Lake at the camping area and also saw a
couple of other discarded deer carcasses (whole, not just parts).

We took a favorite dirt road home and found a Rough Legged Hawk as well as a
flock of about 50 mixed sparrows and juncos, mostly Harris' and
White-Crowned.

Maybe the cold front predicted to get here later this weekend will bring
some birds with it.

Beter luck next time!
Dorothy Lambert, Nevada, Vernon County