From: MO Wild Bird Forum
Date: Tuesday, November 19, 2002 7:31:55 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Arctic Loon in Colorado

I question whether those are really Arctic Loon records. There was a time,
before Pacific and Arctic Loons were split, when both species were called
Arctic Loons." The Eurasian form, a few of which breed in Alaska, certainly
is not a common bird off California, as the website would indicate. It is
not even common in Alaska.

Bob Fisher
Independence, Missouri