I ran across this website the other day.  I think it is really neat.  There is a whole lot of stuff you can do with it.  I have been reporting some of my observations and plan to do more in the future.  If you have not looked at it yet, give it a try.

    www.ebird.org

    Here is an excerpt of what it is about.

"eBird, a project developed by the Cornell Lab of Ornithology and the National Audubon Society, provides a simple way for you to keep track of the birds you see anywhere in North America.
You can retrieve information on your bird observations, from your backyard to your neighborhood to your favorite bird-watching locations, at any time for your personal use. You can also access the entire historical database to find out what other eBirders are reporting from across North America. In addition, the cumulative eBird database is used by birdwatchers, scientists, and conservationists who want to know more about the distributions and movement patterns of birds across the continent. "

Larry Lade

St. Joseph, Buchanan Co.