1/ Remember that funny white duck which Anna
and her friends saw a couple years ago?

Not a Missouri bird.

2/ I think that some people have mentioned things
like trip notes and county profiles [one of my
favorites!] not to complain that they are also
off topic but to point out what we'd miss if we
closed the doors.

3/ In a book on the American Presidency there's
a story about what to do when the President asks
you to do something you really don't want to do.
First you say yes sir [and don't do it]. If he
asks a 2nd time, you say you'll get right on it.
The third time he asks, you better do it.  But
he'll never ask you a third time.

This is an off topic ponder on whether some posts,
while technically off topic, aren't really going
to come to the attention of out esteemed state
legislature.

4/  the real paper had a couple articles lately
on Mountain Lions, and Deer, and the destruction
of habitat by deer populations run amuck.  Heavy
forest damage.  Habitat = birds.

5/ Lynn, Anna and I will be visiting family in
Colorado over Thanksgiving.  Anyone know where
we might be able to find her an Arctic Loon : ).

                                        --Carter