Home today, 11/18,  with my daughter who has strep throat gave me the
chance to help her feel better AND watch my feeders out back. :)

In the middle of a group of House Sparrows was a bird that looked much
like a female house sparrow. However, this bird had bright white outer
tail feathers. The tail looked perhaps a little longer than the house
sparrow.  Also, the tail was more notched than the house sparrow. It
landed at least two times on the hanging triple tube feeder, which had a
mix of millet, sunflower, milo. I saw it briefly on the ground as well.
I've been watching but haven't seen it since late this morning.

I was so intent on the bright white on the tail feather that I didn't
look for other field marks.
After consulting my field guide I noticed longspurs have the white outer
tail feathers. I've never seen one of these birds, but I didn't
associate them with backyard feeders.

Thanks for the help,
Laura Gilchrist
Platte County