I for one would like to defend the local County of the
week coulumn, and bird reports from around the region.
 We are all interconnected, and I have had a dream of
chasing birds from one state to the next. I would hate
to be blamed for losing these features, so I put my
full support through for this.

Next, I was not offended by the Alaska cruise report,
but that example was one that came to mind as being
close to off-topic.

We are very lucky with what we have, a listserve where
we may come and educate each other, and share our joy
at seeing the first spring or fall migrant.  I became
lackidasical (sp) in Wisconsin, because we have all of
the migrants that pass through this area.

Please excuse my personal diatribe, but this is a very
valuable link to the bird species we hold near and
dear to our heart.

Thank you for the support we have for each other.

Good birding,
Lynn Miller
Lone Jack,MO
Jackson CO