Print

Print


My previous post was written without having read this entire thread . . .I
strongly believe that a discussion of the appearance of an Arctic Loon in
Colorado, and a dialogue regarding the relevant field marks of the species
is exactly and precisely what MO-BIRDSers should be discussing . . .any
attempt to "rechannel" this discussion appears to me to be, with all due
respect, misguided . . .



[log in to unmask]
Sebastian T. Patti
(Lincoln Park)
Chicago, ILLINOIS 60614-3354
PHONE: 312/603-4416 (o) 773/248-0570 (h)
FAX: 312/603-2041 (o) 773/248-0264 (h)





>From: Sebastian Patti <[log in to unmask]>
>Reply-To: MO Wild Bird Forum <[log in to unmask]>
>To: [log in to unmask]
>Subject: Re: Arctic Loon in Colorado
>Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2002 22:09:07 -0600
>
>Well . . .with all due respect . . .this is a bird that could very well
>appear in Missouri . . .the field marks are somewhat obscure, so I submit
>that a discussion of the appearance of the species within the "lower 48"
>and
>a recitation of the relevant field marks is WHOLLY appropriate for MO-BIRDS
>. . . .
>
>
>
>[log in to unmask]
>Sebastian T. Patti
>(Lincoln Park)
>Chicago, ILLINOIS 60614-3354
>PHONE: 312/603-4416 (o) 773/248-0570 (h)
>FAX: 312/603-2041 (o) 773/248-0264 (h)
>
>
>
>
>
>>From: Chris Snook <[log in to unmask]>
>>Reply-To: MO Wild Bird Forum <[log in to unmask]>
>>To: [log in to unmask]
>>Subject: Re: Arctic Loon in Colorado
>>Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2002 20:10:50 -0600
>>
>>Please keep the discussion relevant to Missouri Birds, if you wish to
>>continue discussing Colorado/Alaskan birds please do so OFF list.  A
>>recent posting claimed thsi list was for Missouri Bird topics :
>>
>>"They [the subscribers] use this listserve to share information, to ask
>>and answer questions, and to gain increased knowledge about Missouri's
>>wild birds."
>>
>>Your beleagured list owner searching for missing emails in cyberspace (
>>what ever happened to carrier pigeons?)
>>
>>Regards
>>
>>Chris Snook, MObirds-L owner
>>Columbia
>>
>>__________________________________________________
>>*        Audubon Society of Missouri's           *
>>*         Wild Bird Discussion Forum             *
>>*------------------------------------------------*
>>* To unsubscribe send the message                *
>>*    SIGNOFF MOBIRDS-L                           *
>>* to [log in to unmask]                    *
>>* To subscribe send the message                  *
>>* SUBSCRIBE MOBIRDS-L your name                  *
>>* to [log in to unmask]                    *
>>*------------------------------------------------*
>>* To access the list archives from July 2002 on: *
>>* http://po.missouri.edu/archives/mobirds-l.html *
>>##################################################
>
>
>_________________________________________________________________
>STOP MORE SPAM with the new MSN 8 and get 2 months FREE*
>http://join.msn.com/?page=features/junkmail
>
>__________________________________________________
>*        Audubon Society of Missouri's           *
>*         Wild Bird Discussion Forum             *
>*------------------------------------------------*
>* To unsubscribe send the message                *
>*    SIGNOFF MOBIRDS-L                           *
>* to [log in to unmask]                    *
>* To subscribe send the message                  *
>* SUBSCRIBE MOBIRDS-L your name                  *
>* to [log in to unmask]                    *
>*------------------------------------------------*
>* To access the list archives from July 2002 on: *
>* http://po.missouri.edu/archives/mobirds-l.html *
>##################################################


_________________________________________________________________
The new MSN 8: advanced junk mail protection and 2 months FREE*
http://join.msn.com/?page=features/junkmail

__________________________________________________
*        Audubon Society of Missouri's           *
*         Wild Bird Discussion Forum             *
*------------------------------------------------*
* To unsubscribe send the message                *
*    SIGNOFF MOBIRDS-L                           *
* to [log in to unmask]                    *
* To subscribe send the message                  *
* SUBSCRIBE MOBIRDS-L your name                  *
* to [log in to unmask]                    *
*------------------------------------------------*
* To access the list archives from July 2002 on: *
* http://po.missouri.edu/archives/mobirds-l.html *
##################################################