Bob, as usual, gives some great pointers.  I add that the "old-timers'"
name for Snow Geese is Wavies--after their flight formation.

I do have to take exception, though, to Bob's onomatopaeic rendition of
the Sandhills' calls.  Kruck? Bob, cock that ear a little more.  The
Sandhills say Grrrrruuuuuuu, Gruuuuuuuu (rolling the r).  It is thought
that the Latin for the genus: Grus, is onomatopaeic
It is one of the most exhilarating sounds in birddom!  (Just got a fix
of hearing more than 10,000 down in Oklahoma.
  yesterday).

Edge Wade
Columbia, MO