FIRST:

Yesterday, I stopped in Troy and bought 4 wheel bearings (two inners and
two outers). Went to my folks' place and with the assistance of father
and one of my three younger brothers, we changed them out in 30
minutes...

$50.00 later, NO MORE NOISE / TROUBLES!!!!

Now to the payback!! YES, got the zooties early yesterday at REDA and
then again at Seeger Driving Range...

*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*++*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*++*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+

RED-BREASTED MERGANSERS
HORNED GREBES
AMERICAN BLACK DUCK
SPRAGUES PIPITS

Got up at 6:00 a.m. this morning and went to REDA. Met up with David
Rogles.

He pointed out the Horned Grebes and the Red-breasted Mergansers! Thanks
David, needed those!

Then went back to Troy, picked up wife and two kids and went to Winfield
to check out /Scott Schuette's reports. Winfield birding was dead.

Ran on up Highway 79 to Clarence Canon N.W.R. and got the American Black
Ducks (finally). These were at the back of the refuge and all the way
down the levee that heads back in the direction of the Visitor's Center.
Long Walk....

On the way back out, near the end of the water just BEFORE the Visitor's
Center, we got several Spragues Pipits. These birds were flying from the
small levee on the West side of the road to the tall grass near the
water and back. Very neat to see these guys. Been a long time!

NEVER did got the King Rails at CCNWR or at Prairie Slough...

Pipits are certainly fair payback...

Scott,

You keep us all posted on CCNWR nearby locales...  When they are hot,
they are HOT.

****
Patrick Harrison                     *
Shelbyville, Shelby County, Missouri *