I think we have all come to the conclusion that the mystery
nest is that of a Carolina Wren - we passed it around at our
field trip today for experts to look at, and also got info
from the "nest and egg' book.

Thanks again to the St. Louis crew (Malone's, Mike Grant)
who helped us out at REDA  (Charlene, we will NEVER doubt
you again!) and kindly escorted us to Creve Couer Lake.  We
had a great trip and ALWAYS enjoy running into you!  And,
the Surf Scoters weren't bad either!

Jean Leonatti
Columbia, MO