Took the opportunity to get out to S-O this afternoon and got a few good
birds--not as good as some north of us are reporting but it gave me a good
excuse to kick in the four-wheel and get the truck really dirty!  It was
grey, misty and overcast so it wasn't possible to identify all we saw.  (The
signs are up restricting entry to hunters and since the other half was with
me, I didn't go in.)  Here's what we were able to identify:
6 White-Throated Sparrows
1 Yellow-Rumped Warbler
12 Common Snipe
75 White-Fronted Geese
about 1500 Snow Geese
all the above were seen on the way in on RA and were visible from the road

Big mixed raft of ducks with Mallards, Pintails, about 1000 Ruddy Ducks,
Scaup and Northern Shovelers on Schell Lake-seen from the camping area.
There were HUGE rafts of ducks on the water but we couldn't get close enough
to identify most of them.

On Atkinson Lake:
500 Ring-Necked Ducks
19 Pectoral Sandpipers
2 Cliff Swallows
3 Barn Swallows
12 Tree Swallows
2 Red-Breasted Mergansers
4 Pied-Billed Grebes
2 Greater Yellow-Legs
1 Bonapart's Gull
1 Ring-Billed Gull
20 Great Blue Herons--they were a little testy with each other and provided
much amusement as we ate our lunch
1 Bald Eagle
2 Northern Harriers

Took the back roads home and got to see Juncos, White-Crowned, White
Throated and Savannah Sparrows plus half a dozen Northern Harriers.  Also
HUGE flocks of blackbirds, mostly Red-Wings.

Dorothy Lambert, Nevada, Vernon County