Coming back from Bigalow Mo. yesterday afternoon i seen a Bird on the wires
aolng the black top the goes from Bigalow to the I-29 intersection. At first
i thought a eastern bluebrd, but i slowed to take a closer look and am
pretty sure i saw white wing bars, although with out binocs on me i couldnt
swear to it. He was setting on the wires right by S.C.N.W.R.. Also lots of
new ducks and geese in from the north, still seeing goo numbers of hawks
around the area also, seen a coopers, redtail,Marsh hawk, peregrine falcon,
broad wing, and a bald eagle, saw a bittern flying but could tell which one
it was, it looked reather larg so  i would say MAYBE the American. Al of
this and many other sparrows and such were seen at my duck marsh just to the
north of the refuge.
good birding
Brandon Routh
St. Joseph