Went back to Riverlands EDA, St. Charles co (~ 4:30 to 5:30 PM) to see if
anything new came in (or find the R-T Loon that we missed early AM)
Highlights:
6 SURF SCOTERs still there
8 (maybe 9) Trumpeter swans now - one juv smaller but couldn't ID due to
lack of light
1 Common Loon
1 female R-B MERGANSER
NO S-E OWLS - :-P......BTW, Sat. WGNSS group had 3 Short-eared owls at
Little Creve Coeur Lake/Marsh area

St. Charles co (near Portage Des Sioux)
Think we found where all the EURASIAN COLLARED DOVES are in the St. Charles
area.
We found 12+ birds on the electrical wires at a brick ranch style home with
a large grain elevator a few tenths of a mile from Hwy 94 on PAYNE ROAD
(across from ELL road -next roads going east from the intersection of Hwys
H, J and 94) The house is on the west side of the road.
Payne road will take you into Portage Des Sioux.
They were observed at 4 PM.
Randy, Hope they stay for the Orchard Farm CBC. :-)

Farm pond on Hwy H:
6 Wilson's Snipe
1 LESSER YELLOWLEGS

Good birding