Bob- What a wealth of information you are! Thanks so much for your
interesting posts re: bird migration...the subject fascinates me. While
doing a search about migration, I came across the following paragraph,
about injured geese, that just blew my mind! As you can tell, I have a
LOT to learn...and it's SO much fun! :)

"As the geese make their way to their destination, flying in their
famous V formation, a number of things can happen to the individual
goose. Along the way, a goose may get sick. Or, as more often is the
case, one is shot and wounded. No matter what the reason, if either ill
or wounded, when one goose drops out of formation, leaves the unit, two
other geese accompany the stricken bird. And listen to this. The two
healthy geese remain with the stricken goose until such time that the
stricken one either is well enough to fly or dies. Only at that
time...health or death...do the two geese (or three if that is the
case) begin to fly again. Often the two or three will join another
formation, but always make every effort to catch up and join their
original group."

Evelyn
Ozark county, MO

--- Robert Fisher <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> A few more thoughts on overhead birds:

HotJobs - Search new jobs daily now
http://hotjobs.yahoo.com/