In a message dated 11/30/02 9:13:49 PM !!!First Boot!!!, [log in to unmask] writes:

. Troy, it seems, has the same
sort of divinely inspired assurance that her selection is adequate that
the Son in Milton's PR has, but all of us if we are honest with
ourselves must, willy nilly, proceed somewhat bumptuously on a very
little knowledge relative to what we should know.

What one reads come down to choice, of course, for we can't read everything.  And I don't claim that my selection is adequate.  But, I do add to it; not whenever possible however, for I often re-read or study works I've already read, either because I enjoy them or because I think they're important and want to consider them further.  And my selection, in great part, is based upon my particular interests.  I am far more interested in humanism and naturalism than feminism.  Therefore, I am not dismissing De Beauvoir.