In a message dated 11/30/02 9:13:49 PM !!!First Boot!!!, [log in to unmask]
writes:

> . Troy, it seems, has the same
> sort of divinely inspired assurance that her selection is adequate that
> the Son in Milton's PR has, but all of us if we are honest with
> ourselves must, willy nilly, proceed somewhat bumptuously on a very
> little knowledge relative to what we should know.

What one reads come down to choice, of course, for we can't read everything.
And I don't claim that my selection is adequate.  But, I do add to it; not
whenever possible however, for I often re-read or study works I've already
read, either because I enjoy them or because I think they're important and
want to consider them further.  And my selection, in great part, is based
upon my particular interests.  I am far more interested in humanism and
naturalism than feminism.  Therefore, I am not dismissing De Beauvoir.