Date sent:              Fri, 29 Nov 2002 14:50:17 -0800
From:                   Peter Montgomery <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:                Re: Marianne Moore poem in WWII
To:                     [log in to unmask]

From: Nancy Gish [mailto:[log in to unmask]]

I really don't think you can blame feminism for Condi Rice any more than
you could praise masculism for Martin Luther King or Gandhi or Viet Nam
objectors who went to Canada. ========================== Ah
but it's fun
trying, esp. since we're not talking about Eliot at all on the list these
days.

So are you saying that if Mary Woolstonecraft and her whole
herd of ilke that came after (the Georegie girls included),
had not done their work, that Aunti Maggie Ceilingcoverer would
still have been able to break the glass ceiling. I seriously
doubt it!

Also, I didn't mean to imply that those previous words were
yours, but they surelooked like it to me.

Cheers,
Peter