Date sent:              Fri, 29 Nov 2002 13:33:29 -0800
From:                   Peter Montgomery <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:                Re: Marianne Moore poem in WWII
To:                     [log in to unmask]

From: Nancy Gish [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
> In a message dated 11/29/02 7:53:02 PM !!!First Boot!!!,
> [log in to unmask] writes:
>
> >> Men who do not go to war can also identify with women.
For instance, men who were considered 4F(unfit for military service)
during WWII or the men who ran off to Canada to avoid Vietnam would have
different perspectives than women.  Also, men who did not go to the Gulf
War (and there was no draft) would also have different feelings than
women. ==================== Including the women who did fight in
the gulf
war.

I thought feminism with all its rave about equality for
the female dimension of things was supposed to bring us
an era of more peace and less macho destruction. Instead,
we got Margret Thatcher.

Peter