From: [log in to unmask] [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
and O that awful deepdown torrent O and the sea the sea crimson sometimes
like fire and the glorious sunsets and the figtrees in the Alameda gardens
yes and all the queer little streets and the pink and blue and yellow houses
and the rosegardens and the jessamine and geraniums and cactuses and
Gibraltar as a girl where I was a Flower of the mountain yes when I put the
rose in my hair like the Andalusian girls used or shall I wear a red yes and
how he kissed me under the Moorish wall and I thought well as well him as
another and then I asked him with my eyes to ask again yes and then he asked
me would I yes to say yes my mountain flower and first I put my arms around
him yes and drew him down to me so he could feel my breasts all perfume yes
and his heart was going like mad and yes I said yes I will Yes.
---------------------------------
Sounds like the SONG OF SONGS WHICH IS SOLOMON'S.

Given the fulsomeness of life in Penelope/Molly, would
an allusion to her have weakened the sense of lifelessness
of the Queen in the game of chess? After all, she is the
Queen of a King who cannot move, so she also is in stalemate.
Pun definitely intended.

Dr. Peter C. Montgomery
Dept. of English
Camosun College