    Jack Hilsabeck and I birded Lake Contrary and Horseshoe Lake this morning in hopes of finding the loons I saw there yesterday.  About 9:15 this morning we found five (5) Common Loons and one (1) Pacific Loon on Lake Contrary.

    Other noteworthy birds:
Horned Grebe - 1 at L. Contrary
Snow Goose - @300 with several Ross's flying with them.(near L. Contrary)
Cooper's Hawk - 1 at L. Contrary
Least Sandpiper - 25 at Horseshoe Lake
Greater Yellowlegs - 1 at Horseshoe Lake
Pectoral Sandpiper - 2 at Horseshoe Lake
Long-billed Dowitcher - 1 at Lake Contrary
Wilson's Snipe - several at both lakes
Franklin's Gull - 20 at both lakes
Bonaparte's Gull - 2 at L. Contrary
Herring Gull -1 first year winter bird at L. Contrary
American Pipit - 60 at Horseshoe Lake and several at L. Contrary
Many sparrows at L. Contrary including: Field, Song, Lincoln's, Swamp and White-throated.
Rusty Blackbird - 5 at Lake Contrary

Larry Lade
St. Joseph
Buchanan