Edge, thank you for replying.

I did not mention earlier that the bird has a black eye and has no eye ring.
His neck ring is almost invisible it is so light.    Also did not mention he
sounds different from the mourning doves, but I could not produce the sound.
It looks more like the Ringed turtle than any other of the doves in Sibley,
but not exactly like it either.

again, thanks.

helen