Spent 6 hours with Donald and Anne Downing of Edina, Missouri, birding
Knox County's back roads...

Highlights for the day include:

Sharp-shinned Hawk
Rough-legged Hawk
Gray-cheeked Thrush
Orange-crowned Warbler
Field Sparrow
Vesper Sparrow
Fox Sparrow
Song Sparrow
Swamp Sparrow
Harris's Sparrow
White-crowned Sparrow
Dark-eyed Junco

On the Gray-cheeked Thrush...

The date of this sighting causes me to add some info on the sighting.
Observed at Sever Lake south of Hurdland, Missouri, Knox County. Bird
was perched in fair light for decent study. Very palish and washed out.
LITTLE if ANY rufous coloration on primaries, just a tiny bit might have
been present on the breast. Late date in Missouri according to Birds of
Missouri, Robbins and Easterla is 24 October in 1975. I have considered
the possibility of a Hermit Thrush which is much more likely this time
of year, but the field observation simply doesn't support it.

What a fantastic day in Northeast Missouri for birding. 5-10 mile an
hour winds and temps in the upper 50's low 60's. Not to mention really
good cheeseburgers and roast beef sandwiches and Oliver's Café in
Baring, Missouri.

Good birding to all!

  _____
Patrick Harrison