MANY thanks to all that responded to my RFI on planting lotus in Lakes. All
the responses were insightful and furthered my knowledge of this plant and
it's use as habitat.

Also many thanks to all that responded to my APB for the Horseshoe Lake, IL
Western Grebe.
The bird has yet to reappear, so probably flew the coop.

MObirders are quite generous when sharing information in so many subjects
(even though the topics might not be the most stimulating)

Now........if we all could just get along. ;-)

Hope the lull in birding is over soon.......come on cold fronts!!

Charlene Malone
Chesterfield, MO

P.S. RE: sea duck "invasion"
Read on Siler's website and drooling over all the stuff just north of us (35
Surf Scoters at the IN lakeshore, W-W Scoter; 8 Long-tailed ducks in
Michigan, etc. Good site to "listserve surf" during the birding lulls)
BTW (by the way) there was a SURF SCOTER seen at Lake Carlyle already
(10/14/02).
Just waiting for some at REDA. :-)